What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update

Okay, so some are wondering what's going on with the Abram moving saga (while others know more), so I'll try to fill everyone in on the latest! 4 weeks ago today, we moved from point A to point B. The new house, which my talented dad built, wasn't quite done, and until final inspection we weren't supposed to live in it (but we did put our possessions in). My dad optimistically said that it should be ready for final in a few days, and in the meantime we would stay in the studio apartment of some church friends.

Well, he was very optimistic, and two whole weeks passed before the inspector came out. The house didn't pass, but with a nod and wink, he indirectly said we could move in, which caused no little rejoicing. We quickly settled in and made ourselves at home, though there was still endless tile work going on. A week and a half passed.

Last Monday, while my dad and I were both at work, a woman from the county came to the door, and with very little attempt at sweetness, informed my mom that we needed to be out of here until the final inspection. Now, the inspector was scheduled to come that day, or so my dad thought. After further investigation, he discovered there were some glitches in communication between various departments. Back we moved, bag and baggage and cat, to the studio apartment 20 minutes away. It was quite a blow to us, especially in our already stressed out condition.

Yesterday, the inspector came. This was a different inspector than the one that first came. Although we had completed everything that the other one had called for, this guy found a few other things that needed to be fixed. Grrr. Night number 3 at the apartment passed. My dad made the necessary changes this morning, the inspector came again, and...it passed!This means we can really move in (though our stuff was here all along). Cheeky won't have to be trucked back and forth any more. In case you didn't know, cats do not like being packed into a little box and driven anywhere. I thought he was going to kill himself on the way here today! Now he's calm and happy like nothing happened. BTW, I did hear that our neighborhood has raccoons, coyotes, and bobcats, so I'm afraid my little tiger will have to become a strictly indoor fella! Bummer for him. I'm glad he survived the other night when he was apparently lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home