What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Happenings












Life has slowly been returning to "normal," whatever that is. My mom returned from her New Hampshire sojourn to visit my grandma last Wednesday. She was supposed to be here Tuesday night, but flights were delayed or cancelled and she had to spend the night at Dulles. The house continues to make progress, albeit slowly. This morning at 7:30 the doorbell rang. Fortunately my dad was here because it turned out to be the elevator people all ready to install the elevator we'd never ordered! We have a shaft for one, but weren't planning on installing it for quite awhile because it's an expensive proposition. But without us ordering, and without them telling us they were coming, they showed up! My dad said they could go ahead and put it in if they want, but he wouldn't be able to pay for awhile. They agreed. :-) So that's the hubub for the house today.

On Saturday my parents, Lori, Jessie, Zoe, and I went to Victoria! It was partly just for vacation, and partly to celebrate Lori's 35th birthday, which is tomorrow. She and the girls spent the night before, then we left at the crack of dawn to make the hour and a half drive to the ferry. We were almost there when Lori suddenly remembered that she'd left vital pieces of I.D. in her car which she needed for the border. So...my mom and I ended up getting on the ferry while they and my dad turned around to go back for the papers and then come back for a 12:45 ferry. That was a bummer. My mom and I ended up having high tea at the Empress hotel, which is something I've been wanting to do again. It was so lovely and restful. We enjoyed the little shops and gardens downtown. When the rest of them came, we wandered around some more, and took a little boat ride around the harbor. Since this was my first time there with a digital camera, I got a little camera happy. :-) You can see a bunch of pictures if you have access to my Facebook, but if not, here are a few to give you an idea of the lovely day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

So glad you got to Victoria. I checked out the pics on facebook....brought back some wonderful memories of the times I have been there.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

I can't believe they came to install an elevator without a valid work order. Well, what's done is done, right?

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home