What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer at last





After a cold, un-summery June, summer has at last hit Washington! It's been in the 80s this week and felt absolutely mahvelous. And fortunately, our new house stays fairly cool.
These past few months have been a big rollercoaster (I hate rollercoasters), and it would seem that life is perhaps quieting down. And we're coming off the rollercoaster, which has it's own issues. Or maybe I just have emotional issues. But I won't go into that. :-) Sometimes life stinks, but you gotta hang on and believe that God's still in charge and He is supremely good.

Last Sunday night my church hosted a concert in which I sang and played the harp, and my friends Chris (piano) and Nathan (voice) joined me. I'm always more nervous performing for my own church for some reason, but I think it turned out okay. Actually, a lot of church families were away, and there were a number of visitors, so it all evened out. Chris and I have three more scheduled concerts coming up.

We weren't sure what we were going to do for the 4th, and kept casting around in our minds for something inspiring and fun, but at last a family from church invited us over to celebrate with them and a few other families. We enjoyed a good old-fashioned barbecue meal and plenty of laughter and talking. I was too lazy to take part in any games, but was content to chat with the "adults." Boy, I must be getting old. I'm going to be 28 in a month! Aaaagh!!

But, as these pictures of me prove, I don't look too decrepit yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Nope, not decrepit. Not even a hint! :O)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ah, you're so cute! You don't look a day over 21. Love that blue on you, with that soft background light.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home