What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

I think the advent of Facebook has affected the blogging world, but I'll still blog in the hopes that a faithful remnant remains. :-) Facebook, btw, is fun on birthdays! Yes, I'm a whopping 28 years old today. Well, I wasn't born until 9 or 10 at night, so *officially* I'm not 28 yet. Every year I hear the story from my parents, usually while we're at breakfast. (This morning it was blueberry pancakes.) It was a Friday when I was born, and my mom had been busy cleaning that day. In the afternoon she collapsed on the couch exhausted, and I think right about then her water broke. My dad was working up on a roof when he got the call. "I think we're gonna have a baby!" Off they went to John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, CA. I had to be born Ceaserian, but I survived and here I am! I told my parents this morning, "I bet you didn't think you'd have anybody living at home still in 2007!" Fortunately, they seem to enjoy having me here, though of course they'll be very happy when a knight comes along and takes me to his castle. ;-) But I don't think that event is imminent or sure.

Tomorrow I'm having some friends over for a little luau party. Should be a lot of fun. Just the decorating and menu planning have been fun! I'm praying for more sunshine than is forecasted. Nothing like hospitality to motivate you to get house projects done! We've gotten so much done this week and the house is looking fantastic. I'll have to post some updated pictures soon. My dad's been finishing up the media center, which also includes book shelves. We never had book cases in our last house -- the books sat in boxes in the garage for 3 1/2 years. So it's strangely exciting to see books on the shelves again! Books add such wonderful charm and personality to a room.

I read in Psalm 81:10 this morning: "I am the LORD thy God which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." I think my cup already overflows, but I gladly accept all the fullness of life God offers! There is so much joy to be found in a personal, thriving relationship with Christ. I'm learning more and more the secret to joy and happiness, which isn't possessing everything we think we need, but choosing to be satisfied with what God has already provided. True joy also comes from living a fully surrendered life, not insisting on our own will and ways. In seeking His will for this next year, I've been knocking on various doors. Some have stayed mysteriously shut, but the biggest one that has opened is college. A week ago I enrolled in Louisiana Baptist University, where I will finish my B.A. degree in one school year, graduating next May, D.V. They accepted past credits and experiences and I just need 32 more credits! That will be all via distance learning. I'm excited about this opportunity for further growth, spiritually and mentally, as well as verification of past experience. I'm praying about even going on for a master's after that, but one thing at a time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

the nice thing about FB, as you know, is that it can be setup to automatically import your blog. I love being able to click on the Notes tab and see what is going on. The more bloggers that get it, the less time I'll have to spend surfing around different blog sites. Convenience ;-)

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, I know it can do that, but since I often post pictures that I also post on FB, I don't think I need every post imported.

4:39 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Hooray and happy birthday!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kristi!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home