What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Made It!

Thanks for your prayers and kind words -- I survived my surgery fine and am resting fairly comfortably. Fortunately, this was nothing like the experience of having all four wisdom teeth out! That's another story altogether. But this went quickly, and I'm only on motrin right now, feeling pleasantly mellow. The most annoying part is having two holes in my mouth which are still a little bloody (excuse me if I gross you out!) and are keeping me from eating anything substantial. I'm on soft foods for several days, which is difficult when you're trying to avoid dairy. How much oatmeal, applesauce, and mashed potatoes can one eat?

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

PTL for a safe procedure. And thanks for letting us know!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Ughh. Poor you.

As for how much soft stuff you can eat, well, Bethany had her wisdom teeth out a while ago, and now she won't eat pudding. Not even if she was starving, lol...

5:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, I well remember all the custard I ate. I don't think I've had it since!

Good to have you back in blogland, DJ!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why avoid dairy? Dairy is good, it builds strong bones AND strong teeth.

Unless of course you're allergic to it. (shiver)

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and Praise the Lord it went well!

When do the braces go on? After the holes heal I assume?

3:24 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Well, dairy isn't good for everyone, including me. I can handle it (i.e. I won't curl up and die), but I don't digest it well and it contributes to phlegm, a singer's worst enemy.

Braces go on April 25, two days after I return from Israel.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

so how are the braces going to affect your singing? or should that be "effect"? ARghhh...

3:34 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

"Affect" is correct. :-) Singing is my biggest concern, but I think I'll adjust okay. It will probably be a little awkward at first.At least I don't have any singing engagements till July, so I'll have a few months to settle into my mouth full of metal.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home