What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Toothless Young Codger

Have I mentioned how much I dislike dental work? Sitting back in that chair and having people with sharp instruments invading my sensitive mouth is a form of torture to me. So why do I have such bad teeth?! I've had numerous fillings, a few teeth pulled when I was younger, my wisdom teeth out, and I even had my teeth whitened once. Well, now folks, it's time for braces. And not only braces, but I've got to have a couple teeth taken out! So tomorrow I'm going to the oral surgeon to have the two teeth removed. Since I have a super sensitive mouth, I opted to be totally anesthetized so I'll be sure to feel nothing. Then I can spend the day being drugged. At least the teeth are on the bottom sides where they aren't as likely to be noticed.

On April 25 I get braces put on -- yikes! Yes, at my ripe old age, I am planning to endure two years of torture and ugliness that I might eventually have a decent bite and smile. I've needed them for years, but everything's finally come together -- right doctor, right plan, money, timing -- and I decided to bite the bullet and get it over with.

So anyway, if you think of it, please pray that the surgery will go well tomorrow and I'll recover quickly enough to go back to work on Wednesday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LUCKY! I've always wanted braces. It seems like everyone has had them but me. Despite all the negative press from supposed sufferers, I'm convinced I've missed out on an important life experience. Tinfoil lacks permanency and cute rubber bands.

Seriously, I know the experience isn't all sunshine and light. I will be praying for you, Kristi.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

We will be praying!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayed. And praying.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Poor you! Going to the dentist is SUCH a misery. I think I would choose total anesthesia too...That's how I made it through all my wisdom teeth being removed at once.

I can't decide whether to be jealous of you or sorry for you about the braces though...I have needed them forever too and am very self conscious about my teeth but it's never worked out to get them fixed...I guess I'll be snaggle toothed forever while you will soon stun everyone with your perfect pearly whites.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Careful how you go-a-bitin' on bullets! 8~) I'm prayin' too.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home