What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Foot in Mouth Disease

Never ask your mother (or any woman) if her dress has shrunk unless you want to be in the dog house for awhile! I merely asked my mother if her dress today was a little shorter than it was (apparently it wasn't), but I made the grave error if asking if it shrunk, implying, it would seem, that she had actually grown. She drew herself up and gave me The Look while I back-pedalled as rapidly as possible and laughed hysterically at the same time (my dad backing me up on that one). She proceeded to milk the incident for all it was worth for the rest of the day, despite my effuse apologies. I assured her I was very sorry. I think she forgave me (or will). At least we all have a sense of humor. :-D

And this came just after a serious discussion in the car about being careful of our words, that we build up and not tear down.

[Tee hee hee!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Chuckle.....

5:12 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche has been snickerin' aboot yer tale for nigh on ta thirty minutes---iffen he don't watch out he'll be off his feed...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

I have heard incidents about things like that to never ask a negative question to a woman if it concerns her person in any way.

I might not give out compliments, lol, but at least I don't walk into minefields either, heh, heh, heh...

11:09 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

So Kristi, did your face shrink?

Because your mouth sure looks a whole lot bigger!

Hahaha...so funny when we insult people without intention. Way funnier than insulting them with intention.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home