What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Called

After an exhausting weekend of music-making, hospitality, church, etc., I allowed myself the luxury of sleeping in till 8:00 this morning. The sound of rain outside made it that much cozier to stay in bed with a kitty curled up next to me. But I finally roused myself and settled down with a cup of tea and my Bible. While reading in 1 Corinthians, I noticed several places where it says we are called to something particular. I'm a firm believer in finding your calling and purpose in life early on, so I had the inspiration of the Lord to do a little study on the word "called" in the New Testament. What riches the Word of God offers! Here's a list of what I came up with, which I found inspiring:

We are called of and by Jesus Christ (Rom. 1:6)
We are called to be saints (Rom. 1:7; 1 Cor. 1:2)
We are called unto the fellowship of Jesus (1 Cor. 1:9)
We are called to peace (1 Cor. 7:15)
We are called into the grace of Christ (Gal. 1:6)
We are called unto liberty (Gal. 5:13)
We are called to let peace rule in our hearts as one Body (Col. 3:15)
We are called unto His kingdom and glory (1 Thess. 2:12)
We are called to holiness (1 Thess. 4:7)
We are called to eternal life (1 Tim. 6:12)
We are called from darkness to light (1 Pet. 2:9)
We are called to follow Christ's example (1 Pet. 2:21)
We are called to return blessing for evil and thereby receive blessing (1 Pet. 3:9)
We are called to eternal glory (1 Pet. 5:10)
We are called the children of God (1 John 3:1)
We are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb (Rev. 19:9)

Finally, "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation [calling] wherewith ye are called." (Eph. 4:1)

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Great post, Kristi! I loved it. I am soo glad that He has called me! Thanks for the reminder.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home