What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Interesting Tidbit

Ever wonder why teens act like they're missing part of their brain or something? Well, I just learned that they are! Sort of. So I was listening to Focus on the Family the other day. A couple of women had written a book about teens and were discussing stuff with the host (not Dobson). They said that people put an age on adulthood, like 16, or 18, or 21, or 25 (car rental). They researched the subject to find an answer. Interestingly enough, the teen brain doesn't completely mature until age 25! It's the frontal lobe of the brain, responsible for decision making and that sort of important stuff. So, though an 18 year-old may have an adult body, they really don't have the brain yet, which is why they still need wise guidance. (Insert "If I only had a brain..." here.)

I've also heard that among adults who married at 25 years old or older, there is a much lower divorce rate. Hmmm...could it have something to do with making better decisions with a more complete brain??

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Well, I thought it was interesting anyway! :~/

6:50 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I've heard that before. And I believe it! Hurray for being mature and fully developed in all ways, lol...

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home