What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Rare Jewel

I'm going to write this quickly because we need to leave soon. I've known Lisa since we were about 4 or 5 years old in California. She moved back East soon after, but we saw each other here and there through the years, and kind of reconnected several years ago. I've always known she has an extra measure of sweetness in her, but this week with her has proven what an exceptional jewel she is. Amazing no one has snatched her up yet!

For example, on a bus yesterday, she offered her seat to an elderly Ethiopian woman who had several bags of groceries. No one else on the bus seemed to think of doing such a simple kind deed, but the lady gave a grateful, gap-toothed smile to Lisa and gladly accepted the seat. Then Lisa watched a baby while its mother went to pay the fare. She gave some money to a begging woman in the Jewish quarter and then all the coins she had to a woman who claimed she'd had her credit card stolen and needed taxi fare to Haifa.

Lisa not only spreads sunshine and goodness around the city with her serving spirit and sweet smile, but she also serves those in her apartment. After a long day she cheerfully gives me a back rub or helps someone else with something or other. I'm so blessed to know this virtuous woman. Do I hear three or more cheers for Lisa? :-D

10 Comments:

Blogger pennyjean said...

I heartily agree! I, too, appreciate and love you, Lisa!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Amen to that! She is indeed a rare jewel.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Laughter said...

Aye.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

MORE CHEERS for Lisa! ( You said three or more... here's the fourth!)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche and the Cowpoke have long held Lisa in the highest possible regard---she is pure Gold!!! May the Cheers for her be without end!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Whooohoo!!! Me too!

(and I trust you had an EXCELLENT trip back Kristi)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Kate, do you mean trip back home, or trip back to Jerusalem? :-) Because I haven't left J yet. I'm going home tonight. Then I will tell all!

10:21 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Just so you know, I almost never give money to beggars. In fact, I don't know what got into me. :O) And Kristi "forgot" to mention the fact that SHE financed most of the lost-her-wallet lady's return trip to Haifa.

But your kind thoughts are MUCH appreciated by this words-of-aff girl! :O)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yeah Kristi, I meant the trip home to Washinton. I just got my days mixed up. :-)

6:35 PM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

oooh! Three or more cheers from me, too!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home